Last week, I proposed raising money for two charities by buying and reviewing my book, To The Woods: A Journey Along The Appalachian Trail, and sharing details of the offer on social media. So far we have raised £35. I want to raise £1000 so let's get to it.
This video interview explores why I wrote the book, my experience on the Trail and whether I would attempt such a feat ever again. Anya is an excellent interviewer and asks any number of insightful questions. Do please give it a listen.
And here's the deal:
- For every sale on Amazon, whether book or Kindle, I donate the entirety of the proceeds to my chosen charities. You will find the link here
- For every like on social media, I donate 10p
- For every share or comment, good or bad, on social media, I donate 20p
- For every review, I donate 50p, regardless of whether it is a 5 or 1 star review
- I want to make a minimum donation of £500 but ideally a maximum of £1000
- There will be an audio book released April 2020 with the same deal
- I will report progress on a regular basis, confirm donations and recipients
I have a limited edition print run of the book. I will gift a signed and numbered copy to anybody who has an idea which significantly helps to spread news of this initiative. I will also gift a signed and numbered copy on an occasional basis to those who get busy with 2 through 4 above.
Would I walk a further 2,160 miles ever again? No, I would not!