What might walking the 2160 mile Appalachian Trail teach about living through the dreich winter months of COVID and the third lockdown?
- Resilience is important, but not at the cost of health and well-being
- The end may be some distance away, but it is in sight and should not be ignored
- Little treats lift the spirit, particularly for me if the treat is malt whisky
- Seek out and offer support, help and guidance even if supposedly not needed
- Look after the basics of sleeping, eating and exercise, however limited
- Each day should have structure and a focus on achieving something, however small
- Life is short and needs celebrating at every moment
The audio book of my wander along the Appalachian Trail is available on the usual platforms. A sample can be found below.
The paperback and ebook is available here. If you post a review - anywhere between 1-5 stars - I will donate an additional sum.
All proceeds will go to my two favourite education charities with £1000 paid forward already.
Life is short and needs celebrating at every moment